call 07 871 7878

Individual Tax Residency Self Certification Form

Under New Zealand law, Financial Institutions must collect a self-certification from you about your tax residency status, including before they can open an account for you or in other situations. The Financial Institution may provide your information (even if you refuse to give information or a declaration) to Inland Revenue, who may share that information with overseas tax authorities under international agreements.

If you’re an individual (including sole trader) or the Controlling Person of an entity, you may be asked to complete this self-certification form and return it to the Financial Institution where your account is held. Or, an agent, like your solicitor, may ask you to complete this form and
they will provide it to the Financial Institution for you.